24 October 2010

Introduction

Hello fellow genealogists;
I am new at this blog thing so please bear with me.
This Blog is set up to share and discuss my family's genealogy and hopefully help those searching the same lines.
In my family we are lucky to have many genealogists who have done a great deal of research and work on many of our lines. One of them has devoted thousands of hours to documenting, researching, and sharing family histories, photos, and research notes with family members. Thanks Joy.
Others have also contributed much as well and some have their own websites.
This Blog is not to distract from any of their efforts and valuable work, but to recognize it and give credit to this very valuable resource without which I would still be digging up little scraps of paper with limited information.
My thanks goes to all who have contributed and to those who are also researching the same lines and will hopefully contribute further.
May we be able to help each other.
I have attempted to protect the names of those who do not wish to have their names published and of the living.
All posts will be monitored for appropriateness.
Commercial ads will not be permitted.
As this blog progresses links may be added to selected related websites.
Surnames in our family history are in two lists. 

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful...I am so excited to stay in touch with the blog and updates!What a wonderful family you come from!!
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete